On the 3rd Saturday of every month, come rain or shine, you can find the Cruisin’ Downtown DeLand Classic Car Show, less than 30 minutes west of Daytona Beach. This Main Street community strives to protect the area’s heritage while maintaining a lively center of shops, restaurants, cafes and galleries. During the monthly car show, various special events, music and family fun add to the display of classic cars. For all of the latest events and more information, visit their website here.
Rather stay at the resort? Come lounge at the pool, and cool off under the beautiful tiki huts!
Slow cookers can be a wonderful way to throw together a delicious meal. Here a few ideas for some summer-friendly, easy slow cooker recipes, perfect for use at home or on the road:
- Taste of Home: 35 Summer Slow Cooker Recipes for 100 Degree Days (buffalo chicken lasagna, bandit chili dogs, peachy baby back ribs…)
- Southern Living: Summer Slow-Cooker Recipes (lots of chicken recipes, brisket tacos, nachos…)
- All Recipes: The 8 Best Slow Cooker Recipes for Summer (lemon garlic chicken, meatballs, pepper steak…)
We have slow cookers available for our guests at most of our locations — just stop by the front desk and ask about checking one out. (While you’re there, don’t forget to explore our DVD and book libraries, which are also free to check out at all of our resorts.)
Do you have any favorite recipes for summer? Please share!
Ready to plan your next vacation? Interested in buying an additional week? Need information about making an exchange? Here’s a go-to list of who to contact:
- For Reservations (including rentals and bonus nights) — call (800) 359-6753 and press 1.
- For U.S. and International Direct Exchanges — call (800) 359-6753 and press 2.
- For information about joining the club, purchasing an additional week or referring friends or family, call Patricia at (530) 318-0398.
- To share photos of your vacation on the Perennial Vacation Club website, email them to firstname.lastname@example.org (and see other vacation photos here).
Much more information can be found on our website, including the Hot List of current exchanges, the Member Update Form and our current (and past) newsletters. Stop by and see what’s new!
One of the best ways to use a Perennial Vacation Club membership is by traveling during Stretch Weeks. During these weeks, you can stretch your week 3 extra days, at no extra cost! Already thinking about your 2020 travels? These are the weeks to keep in mind:
Bandera Bonanza: January 4 – February 29 (weeks 1-9)
Tahoe Spring Fling: April 18 – May 9 (weeks 16-19)
Daytona Delight: September 12 – October 3 (weeks 37-40)
*Stretch weeks are only offered to Perennial Vacation Club members. Interested in joining the fun? Find more information about the club here.