Seafood restaurants in Daytona are always a favorite stop! Here are some places we love to visit:
A recent discovery (from one of our members–thank you for the tip!) is Hull’s Seafood Restaurant and Market in Ormond Beach. It has a great patio and delicious food at affordable prices.
Riptides Raw Bar & Grill (also in Ormond Beach) is home of the 12 foot shark! They offer live music and all-you-can-eat crab legs.
At Aunt Catfish’s on the River, you can dine directly on the Halifax river. They’re known for a spectacular Sunday brunch, and offer a wonderful family dining experience.
Racing’s North Turn sits on the very location where racing began in Daytona Beach. Here you can find a fun, ocean-front dining experience for the entire family.
A local favorite is Our Deck Down Under, which offers casual river-front dining for the entire family.
Have you discovered any favorites of your own? Please share!
Slow cookers can be a wonderful way to throw together a delicious meal. Here a few ideas for some summer-friendly, easy slow cooker recipes, perfect for use at home or on the road:
- Taste of Home: 35 Summer Slow Cooker Recipes for 100 Degree Days (buffalo chicken lasagna, bandit chili dogs, peachy baby back ribs…)
- Southern Living: Summer Slow-Cooker Recipes (lots of chicken recipes, brisket tacos, nachos…)
- All Recipes: The 8 Best Slow Cooker Recipes for Summer (lemon garlic chicken, meatballs, pepper steak…)
We have slow cookers available for our guests at most of our locations — just stop by the front desk and ask about checking one out. (While you’re there, don’t forget to explore our DVD and book libraries, which are also free to check out at all of our resorts.)
Do you have any favorite recipes for summer? Please share!
Located north of downtown San Antonio, the Pearl district was an active brewery from 1883 until 2001. At that time, the historic 22-acre area was transformed into restaurants, shops and so much more, including the third campus of The Culinary Institute of America.
Some of our favorite highlights include the bar at Hotel Emma, a year-round farmers market (every Saturday and Sunday) and the First Thursday Night Market, offered each month, featuring live music, dining and shopping specials from local vendors and artisans.
Find information about various events, parking and more here.
Summer is heating up in Daytona… here are a few of the events to look forward to:
- Cinco de Mayo Celebration on Flagler Avenue! It’s located on the New Smyrna Beach, just 20 minutes south of the Perennial Vacation Club resort.
- Daytona Tortugas baseball season! Head over to Jackie Robinson baseball field — after the games, the kids are allowed to run the bases! Find the game schedule here.
- If you’ll be visiting over Memorial Day weekend, visit the Ponce De Leon Inlet Light Station and climb to the top of Florida’s tallest lighthouse.
- Over on the boardwalk, enjoy the Daytona Beach Bandshell Concerts, running May through September every Friday and Saturday night (and stick around for the fireworks afterwards). Here you can find Jimmy Buffet, Aerosmith and Heart tribute bands, just to name a few! Find the schedule here.
How do you like to enjoy summer in Daytona?