Looking for new outdoor adventures in the Lake Tahoe area? We love this recent article about the many can’t-miss attractions to be found around the lake. Some of the profiled areas are well-known, but others are hidden gems. We hope this inspires your next adventure. Enjoy!
Holidays in Daytona
Planning on spending the holidays in Daytona? Here are some of our favorite ways to enjoy this beautiful area:
- Holiday Events at the Casements: tree lighting, shopping, music and more, throughout December! Set on the shore of the Halifax River and just two blocks from the ocean, the mansion has been called “the jewel of Ormond Beach.” During the holidays it transforms into a winter wonderland!
- Magic of Lights at the Daytona International Speedway: From November 13th through January 2nd, the “World Center of Racing” transforms into a holiday wonderland. The holiday drive-through is open from 6:00 to 10:00 p.m. A portion of the proceeds from the Magic of Lights will benefit AdventHealth Foundation in Volusia/Flagler Counties.
- Stetson Mansion Christmas Tours: Built in 1886, this famed Victorian Gilded Age residence is a perfect backdrop for elaborate Christmas decorations, which are different every year.
Holidays in Bandera
Planning to spend the holidays in the Texas Hill Country? Here are some of our favorite events:
- Dickens on Main (Boerne, November 27th): horse-drawn carriages, live performances, holiday shopping, children’s activities and more!
- Chamber Light the Night Christmas Parade and Holiday Village of Sharing (Fredericksburg, December 3rd): See Fredericksburg’s historic Main Street awash in the glow of this illuminated holiday night parade. Bleacher seating is available for purchase; other seating is free. Enjoy wine and food along with free activities. Other events throughout the season may be found on the website as well.
- Cowboy Capital Christmas & Shoppers’ Jubilee (events scheduled throughout December; see the website for the latest information): Caroling, shopping and a cowboy Santa Claus. It’s silver bells… Bandera-style!
- Weihnachts Parade (Boerne, December 4th): Visit Boerne for a Lonestar Christmas parade.
*Event information is accurate as of the time of this post. Please be sure to check the individual websites for the most up-to-date schedules and any other information.
The Hot List is Always Hot!
Checked out our Hot List lately? The Hot List is the place to find the latest Direct Exchanges for our Perennial Vacation Club members. It’s updated regularly, and many popular destinations go fast, so we encourage our members to visit the Hot List often.
We also have many more exchanges than can be featured on the Hot List, so contact Reservations if you have a particular destination in mind. You can also review our list of U.S. Direct Exchanges and International Direct Exchanges for more information.
*Exchanges are available for Perennial Vacation Club members only. Interested in becoming a member? Find more information here.