Texas Hill Country has so much to offer visitors, and so much great food for hungry travelers! Looking for a great burger? Try the Alamo Springs General Store and Cafe, located in Fredericksburg (the onion rings are also a hit).
For something a bit different, try the Friedhelms Bavarian Inn Restaurant and Bar (also located in Fredericksburg). Specializing in authentic German and Bavarian cuisine, this unique location is well-known for its steaks.
Or, if traditional bar-b-que is more to your liking, head to Bill’s Bar-B-Que, the oldest bar-b-que joint in Kerrville. They use Texas-sourced meats and grills that have been seasoned for 40 years.
What are your favorite Hill Country restaurants?
There’s no shortage of great spots to eat around Bandera! Here are a few more to consider during your next visit:
- Hill Country Cafe (Kerrville): A Texas favorite since 1942! The cafe serves breakfast and lunch, and is known for its chicken fried steak and burgers.
- Hermann Sons Steakhouse (Hondo): Indoor and outdoor dining, a full bar, outdoor entertainment and boutique shopping! This popular steakhouse has been family-owned since 1946 (for 3 generations). The Texas t-bone and homemade peach cobbler are favorites!
- El Restaurante Azteca (Hondo): Another restaurant with a long history, El Restaurante Azteca was established in 1932 and offers both traditional Mexican and Tex-Mex dishes.
- Fredericksburg Pie Company (Fredericksburg): Come early for the freshly made pies (once they sell out, they close for the day!), then explore handmade quilts, vintage books and other treasures.
What are you favorite restaurants to visit when you’re in Bandera?
Next time you’re visiting us in Bandera, check out these nearby restaurants:
- OST (Old Spanish Trail) Restaurant (Bandera): Saddle bar stools and a John Wayne room make this the perfect spot to visit when touring the Cowboy Capital of the World.
- Lost Maples Cafe (Utopia): Famous for their homemade pies! Apple, Fudge Pecan, Cherry, Buttermilk…
- Bumdoodlers Cafe (in Boerne and Kerrville): The best homemade cheese cake sandwiches and soups.
- Camp Verde General Store & Restaurant (Camp Verde): Nestled on the shores of the Verde Creek, the General Store was first established in 1857, and rebuilt after a flood swept away the original building around 1900. A taste of history (and dinner, too)!
What are you favorite spots in the Texas Hill Country?