Planning a visit to Daytona Beach this fall? Here are some fun events happening around town:
- October 19-22: Biktoberfest! This year marks the 25th anniversary of this motorcycle rally, which draws over 125,000 visitors each year. Watch the pros compete, enjoy live music and more!
- October 27-29: Daytona Beach Dream Cruise. This free event features classic cars and is celebrating its 10th year.
- November 4-5: The Halifax Art Festival. In downtown Daytona, this festival features fine art and crafts, live entertainment, children’s events, fine dining and more.
- November 23-26: The 44th Annual Turkey Run at Daytona International Speedway.
Some other year-round options include:
What are you favorite fall activities in the Daytona Beach area?
Curious about exploring some new destinations? Perennial Vacation Club members don’t only have access to our 3 beautiful home resorts, but to an additional 5,000+ resorts in 80 countries around the world! Here are a few of the exciting, in-house exchanges currently available on our club’s Hot List:
- In the center of the Las Vegas strip you’ll find the Jockey Club, located between the Bellagio and City Center and a short walk from Planet Hollywood, Paris, Bally’s and more!
- For outdoor fun, consider Banff Gate Mountain Resort in Alberta, Canada. Stay in a chalet while enjoying water rafting, hiking, skiing, mountain biking, dog sledding, golf and more.
- Lodge by the Blue in Breckenridge, Colorado offers a true lodge experience with modern comforts. Here you’ll find beautiful patio decks, an indoor heated pool and the chance to enjoy skiing, hiking, sledding, fishing and more.
- Or visit the Rangeley Lake Resort in Maine for year-round fun and gorgeous outdoor scenery.
Find more information (and all of our current Hot List exchanges) here. Remember to check back often, since the Hot List is updated all the time. And of course, we have many more exchanges than can be featured on the Hot List, so contact Reservations if you have a particular destination in mind. You can also review our list of U.S. Direct Exchanges and International Direct Exchanges for more information.
*Exchanges are available for Perennial Vacation Club members only. The fee is $125 for within the continental U.S. and $150 for outside the continental U.S.
Looking for a light, delicious salad to enjoy this summer? This one is simple to pull together whether you’re at home or traveling, and it’s easy to adjust and vary to suit your preferences.
Greek Summer Salad
- Black beans (rinsed)
- Cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- Fresh basil (as much as you like!)
- White onion, chopped
- Feta cheese
- Good quality olive oil
Mix everything together and enjoy! This is also easy to make ahead; just wait to add the olive oil until serving. It’s wonderful with a slice of bread (to soak up any remaining olive oil) and a glass of white wine.
Or, replace the black beans with white beans, skip the onion and feta cheese, and instead add a good squeeze of fresh lime juice and a dash of cayenne pepper. Also delicious!
What are your favorite summer recipes?
Calling all Perennial Vacation Club members!
Each year, our club by-laws require that 15% of our membership attend the Annual Meeting either in person or by proxy. Not sure if you’ll be able to attend? Simply fill out our on-line 7 year proxy, and you’ll be entered to win your choice of a bonus week, direct exchange or world bank! You can find the proxy at the bottom of the Member Information Update Form, here. Don’t worry, you can rescind the proxy at any time, either by written notice or simply by showing up at a meeting. But filling out this proxy helps to ensure that business continues to run smoothly at the club.
Already filled out the 7 year proxy? You’re already entered to win!
Fill out the proxy form today!
*This offer applies to Perennial Vacation Club members only. Interested in becoming a member? Find more information here.