We’re thrilled to announce that, in the aftermath of Hurricane Irma, our Daytona Beach resort suffered minimal damage and is up and running! Our devoted staff worked tirelessly to clear the debris. The pool is open, the tiki huts survived the storm and the beach is almost back to normal.
In addition, most restaurants are open or in the process of re-opening, as are most major attractions (such as the Boardwalk, Ocean Walk Shoppes, downtown Daytona shops, the Daytona International Speedway and the Daytona Lagoon indoor amusements). Grocery stores are open, and although some debris remains on the roads, it isn’t impeding traffic.
Here are a few pictures from the storm, but rest assured that our wonderful staff has ensured that your upcoming travel plans will proceed smoothly!
Wondering what events are happening in Bandera this December? Here are a few ideas for fun in the Texas hill country:
It’s a wonderful time to start planning your holiday adventures in the Cowboy Capital! Where will your holiday plans take you this year?
Looking for an easy (and affordable) way to explore Tahoe this fall? Check out LimeBike, a bike sharing program that will be available through the end of October (weather permitting). LimeBikes are currently positioned from Stateline to the Y, and are powered by a free smartphone app. Using the app, customers can scan a bike (or located one using its GPS) and release its lock. Using a credit or debit card through the app, ride credits can be purchased for $1 per 30 minutes. When you’re finished with the bike, just leave it wherever you are!
Bikes are a great way to get out of your car and really see the area, and LimeBike makes it convenient and affordable. Find more information (and the app) here, then start exploring!
Seasoned travelers are generally full of advice about how to make a trip as smooth and enjoyable as possible. Here are a few of our favorite tips:
- Make a list. Whether it’s things you need to pack or places you’d like to visit, lists help ensure that nothing will be forgotten (and provide peace of mind, too). It’s also a fun way to start planning your next adventure.
- Carry chargers with you. Especially if you’re flying to your destination, there’s nothing worse than worrying about a depleted battery mid-trip. Throw that charger in your carry-on and relax!
- Stay hydrated. Whether you’re traveling by car or plane, visiting a warm climate or engaged in outdoor activities, it’s easy to forget to drink enough water. Dehydration can really throw off a vacation, so remember to drink up!
- Be flexible. Life doesn’t always go as planned, so use your vacation as a time to make the most of whatever is happening around you. The unexpected may lead to a new favorite memory.
- Take pictures! Get comfortable with your favorite camera (which may be your phone), so that when the perfect moment arrives, you’re ready to capture it.
Have some advice you’d like to share? Please do!