If you’re heading to Bandera this summer, there’s plenty to keep you occupied! Here are a few highlights for July and August:
- For July 4th, check out Robert Earl Keen’s 4th on the River. Located in Kerrville, this all-day event features live music, food and beer, bounce houses and, of course, fireworks.
- July 15th offers Night in Old Fredericksburg, a summer evening of food, live music, an evening dance and a chili cook-off.
- July 22nd-23rd celebrates the National Day of the American Cowboy at the Frontier Times Museum. The Cowboy Capital of the World is the perfect place to honor the cowboy way!
- August 24th-27th is the 129th annual Gillespie County Fair, the oldest county fair in Texas.
- August 27th is the 109th birthday celebration for Lyndon B. Johnson. Tours of the Texas White House begin at 10:00 a.m., after a ceremony, and are free of charge.
Or perhaps you’d enjoy tubing and kayaking on the Medina River, a visit to the San Antonio Zoo or the always popular Cowboys on Main in Bandera. The list is so long, you may need to plan two trips!
And did you know: we have FREE Wi-Fi in the hill country!