Planning a trip to the Bandera area for May or June? Here are a few of the many local events to consider:
- Fiesta Noche Del Rio (San Antonio; Friday and Saturday nights from May 12th-August 12th): A summer outdoor performance on the River Walk, featuring the music of Mexico, Spain, Argentina and Texas. Since 1957, the show has been seen by over 1 million visitors from around the world, and raised over $2.75 million for local children’s charities.
- Kerrville Folk Festival (May 25th-June 11th): An 18-day folk festival run annually since 1972.
- Bandera Pro Rodeo (May 26-28th): A Memorial weekend rodeo in the cowboy capital of the world!
- Rio Glow Hot Air Balloon Festival (Kerrville; June 2nd-3rd): This first-time event will feature tethered balloon rides, music, carnival rides and more, ending in a balloon light show and evening concert.
- Texas Folklife Festival (San Antonio; June 9-11th): The biggest cultural celebration in Texas, celebrated annually for 46 years! Enjoy a wide variety of ethnic food, music, dance, arts and crafts.
- Boerne Berges Fest (June 16-18th): Celebrate Father’s Day weekend with a family-friendly festival centered around the German heritage of the Boerne area.
- Bandera RiverFest (June 24th): A family event on the Medina River with kayak races, paddles boats, music, a water rodeo and more!
Of course, Bandera offers its popular Cowboys on Main all summer long! (Saturdays, 1:00-4:00 pm) Gunfights are at high noon and 2:00.
Looking ahead to holiday travels? Dickens on Main in Boerne (Thanksgiving weekend) is a wonderful way to kick-off the season, with horse-drawn carriage rides, a tree-lighting ceremony and a Saturday night concert.
What are you favorite summer events in the Texas hill country?