From our families to yours, whether you’re at home or on the road, we wish you the happiest of holiday celebrations! Thank you for being a part of our club, and happy Thanksgiving!
Looking for some cold weather recipes? Here are a few inspired by Bandera, but delicious anywhere!
Whether you’re in the Cowboy Capital of the World or just dreaming of some good southern cooking, these recipes are certain to warm up a cold day!
We’re always looking for good recipes… if you have any favorites of your own, please share!
Bandera may be the perfect place for horseback riding, but have you ever considered exploring the surrounding areas by bicycle? San Antonio BCycle is an easy, convenient way to rent a bicycle: grab a bike, pay with your credit card and drop it off at any docking station when you’re done! Another option, Hill Country Bicycle Works, offers bike rentals in both Kerrville and Fredericksburg.
Looking for more ideas around Bandera? Try visiting the Sauer-Beckmann Farmstead, a living history farm located at the Lyndon B. Johnson State Park & Historic Site. In addition to the fishing, swimming, wildlife and other attractions of the park, the Farmstead is a true historic escape. It’s operated in the same manner it was in 1918. Costumed interpreters carry out the day-to-day activities of a turn-of-the-century Texas-German farm family. Some activities are seasonal (such as canning); others are performed daily, such as milking, gathering eggs and plowing the garden. Come for a tour and experience a piece of Texas history!
What are you favorite adventures around Bandera? Please share!
As always, our Hot List is HOT! Here are just a few of the many direct exchanges currently available for our members:
- San Diego Country Estates: This 3,000 acre ranch offers golf, tennis, wineries and equestrian activities!
- Snow Lake Lodge: This Big Bear Lake resort is a year-round destination for mountain and lake adventures.
- Williamsburg Plantation Resort: Located in historic Williamsburg, Virginia, this 78 acre resort features in-door and out-door swimming pools and a spa.
- Los Lagos at Hot Springs Village: Nestled in the Ouachita Mountains, this Arkansas property is located on 26,000 acres and offers all kinds of outdoor activities, including pools, a golf course, boating, fishing and more.
- Scottsdale Villa Mirage: For a desert retreat, visit this comfortable hideaway for sunshine, art, culture and plenty of outdoor activities.
Check out the full Hot List here. Happy travels!