Spring is one of the most wonderful times to explore the Texas Hill Country. Here are a few of our favorite adventures:
- San Antonio Zoo: Open year-round, the San Antonio Zoo has 750 species of animals on 56 acres!
- Brackenridge Park Conservancy: Also located in San Antonio, the Brackenridge Park Conservancy offers historical sites, biking, hiking, bird watching and eateries, as well as the beautiful Japanese Tea Garden and Botanical Gardens.
- The Saga at the San Fernando Cathedral Church: This video art installation takes place on the facade of the oldest operating sanctuary in North America, in the heart of historic San Antonio. The 7,000 square foot projection, with custom choreographed music in surround sound, narrates the historical discovery, settlement and development of San Antonio.
- Fredericksburg Pie Company: Come early for the freshly made pies (once they sell out, they close for the day!), then explore handmade quilts, vintage books and other treasures.
- Old German Bakery and Restaurant: Also located in Fredericksburg, this family-owned and operated bakery serves breakfast, lunch and fresh bread!
- Wildseed Farms: This is the nation’s largest working wildflower farm, with over 200 acres in Fredericksburg alone. There is no charge for admission or for use of the beautiful walking trails. They also offer vineyards and a tasting room.
What are your favorite places to explore in the Texas Hill Country?