Planning a trip this fall? There’s always fun to be had in the Texas Hill Country! Here are a few highlights:
- Oktoberfest in Fredericksburg (October 2nd-4th): Held in downtown Fredericksburg, this event celebrates German heritage with music, food, drinks, artisans and more.
- 11th Annual Knights of Columbus Bestfest (October19th): This Fredericksburg fest offers craft beer, an all-you-can-eat speciality sausage meal, dancing and more.
- Bandera Honors Veterans (November 7th): A parade, music and, of course, bar-b-que!
- Chamber Light the Night Christmas Parade and Holiday Village of Sharing (December 4th): Fredericksburg is a wonderful place to celebrate the beginning of the holiday season. Come for the lighting of the tree and stick around to meet Santa!
- Ford Holiday River Parade (November 27th): Come to San Antonio’s River Walk for this special event. Tickets are available here, or free seating is available on a first come basis (bring your own chairs!).
- Dickens on Main (November 29-30th): One of the most-loved events of the season, the 20th Annual Dickens on Main is held in the historical downtown of Boerne. Two days of family fun include a tree lighting ceremony, horse-drawn carriage rides and a chance to start your holiday shopping in the local shops. Don’t miss the concert held Saturday night!
Looking for more ideas for what to do in the Texas Hill Country? Stop by the front desk during your stay — our friendly staff is a wealth of information and would love to help you make the most of this special area.