Autumn is one of our favorite times to travel to Bandera. Here’s a small sample of the fun events happening in the Cowboy Capital of the World:
- Oktoberfest in Fredericksburg (October 4th-6th): Held in downtown Fredericksburg, this event celebrates German heritage with music, food, drinks, artisans and more.
- Texas Hill Country Musicfest (October 12th): Live music in the cowboy capital of the world!
- Bandera Honors Veterans (November 9th): A parade, music and, of course, more bar-b-que!
- Ford Holiday River Parade (November 29th): Come to San Antonio’s River Walk for this special event. Tickets are available here, or free seating is available on a first come basis (bring your own chairs!).
- Dickens on Main (November 29th-30th): One of the most-loved events of the season, the 20th Annual Dickens on Main is held in the historical downtown of Boerne. Two days of family fun include a tree lighting ceremony, horse-drawn carriage rides and a chance to start your holiday shopping in the local shops. Don’t miss the concert held Saturday night!
Looking for more ideas for what to do in the Texas Hill Country? Stop by the front desk during your stay — our friendly staff is a wealth of information and would love to help you make the most of this special area.