Planning a trip this fall? There’s always fun to be had in the Texas Hill Country! Here are a few highlights:
- Boerne Oktoberfest (October 1st): Celebrate Bavarian culture, food… and beer! Held at Boerne’s historical downtown and Olde Town Shopping Center.
- Oktoberfest in Fredericksburg (October 6-8th): Held in downtown Fredericksburg, this event celebrates German heritage with music, food, drinks, artisans and more.
- Texas Hill Country Musicfest (October 14th): Live music in the cowboy capital of the world!
- 8th Annual Knights of Columbus Bestfest (October 21st): This Fredericksburg fest offers craft beer, an all-you-can-eat speciality sausage meal, dancing and more.
- Hunters Bar-B-Que Celebration (November 4th): This 54th annual musicfest includes a gun raffle, games, food vendors and more.
- Bandera Honors Veterans (November 11th): A parade, music and, of course, more bar-b-que!
- Lighting of the Christmas Tree and German Pyramid (November 24th): Fredericksburg is a wonderful place to celebrate the beginning of the holiday season. Come for the lighting of the tree and stick around to meet Santa!
- Ford Holiday River Parade (November 24th): Come to San Antonio’s River Walk for this special event. Tickets are available here, or free seating is available on a first come basis (bring your own chairs!).
- Dickens on Main (November 25-26th): One of the most-loved events of the season, the 17th Annual Dickens on Main is held in the historical downtown of Boerne. Two days of family fun include a tree lighting ceremony, horse-drawn carriage rides and a chance to start your holiday shopping in the local shops. Don’t miss the concert held Saturday night!
Looking for more ideas for what to do in the Texas Hill Country? Stop by the front desk during your stay — our friendly staff is a wealth of information and would love to help you make the most of this special area.